The National Parks Board (NParks) is a public-sector organisation that designs, develops and manages public parks in Singapore. We currently manage about 10% of the land in the city. In land-scarce Singapore, this is a very sizeable investment in our efforts to create a quality living environment for residents.
What We Do
- Actively engaging the community to make green spaces an integral part of our lifestyle with initiatives such as the Community in Bloom project and volunteering opportunities at our parks and nature reserves.
- Set up the Community in Nature (CIN) programme to reach out and engage the community with nature by providing a wide range of nature-related opportunities.
- Encouraging understanding, appreciation, and protection of nature and biodiversity
- Cultivate more champions within the community in protecting our natural environment in the long run.
- Monitors and coordinates measures to enhance the presence of biodiversity in our urban landscape.