The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) drives mission-oriented research that advances scientific discovery and technological innovation. We play a key role in nurturing and developing talent and leaders for our Research Institutes, the wider research community, and industry.
Our research creates economic growth and jobs for Singapore. As a Science and Technology Organisation, we bridge the gap between academia and industry in terms of research and development. In these endeavours, we seek to integrate the relevant capabilities of our research institutes and collaborate with the wider research community as well as other public sector agencies towards meaningful and impactful outcomes.
Our research, in addition, also contributes to societal benefits such as improving outcomes in healthcare, urban living, and sustainability. These serve to enhance lives in Singapore and beyond.
• Be Singaporeans and other nationalities intending to take up Singapore citizenship
• Have a first degree in relevant disciplines, and have obtained First Class Honours from UK universities, GPA of 3.8 and above from US universities or a CAP/GPA of 4.5 and above from local universities
• Sit for the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) prior to, or during the course of their application, and obtain minimum score as follows:
- Combined Verbal & Quantitative – 322
- Analytical Writing – 4.5
• Demonstrate a strong interest in both research and clinical studies
• Have gained admission into or completed the first year of the MD-PhD programme at Duke-NUS GMS
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies.
Successful candidates will receive support for up to 4 years of PhD studies at Duke-NUS MS comprising:
• Full Tuition Fees
• Monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable)
• Other allowances including
- Book allowance
- Computer allowance
- Conference allowance
- Thesis allowance
*All rates/allowances are subject to adjustments made by A*STAR from time to time