At A*STAR, you will be part of a vibrant and innovative team, dedicated to drive A*STAR's mission to advance science and develop innovation technology to further economic growth and improve lives.
We firmly believe that people are our greatest asset.
The A*STAR Graduate Academy provides scholarships and fellowships to enable young aspiring scientific talent to pursue their passion in science, and prepare them for a rewarding career in R&D. In addition to offering scholarships and awards for undergraduate, PhD and post-doctoral studies at top universities and laboratories locally and overseas, we offer awards and attachment opportunities for pre-university students.
Singapore’s Research, Innovation and Enterprise ecosystem has developed significantly over the past decade, and has grown to include a growing number of public and private R&D players. This has in turn resulted in a growing demand for PhD talent in various fields.
In recognition of the diverse talents, strengths and interests of our PhD scholars, we have created multiple pathways for our scholars, providing them with opportunities to develop and chart their careers in industry, academia, spin-off companies, patent examination, technology transfer and research management after their first two years with A*STAR.
Embark on a bright future in Science, Technology, Research and Innovation
Apply for an A*STAR scholarship today.
To be eligible for the scholarship or sponsorship, you must:
• Be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
• Foreigners taking relevant engineering courses may also apply for the scholarship but are not eligible for sponsorship
• Be a GCE ‘A’ level, Polytechnic or BCA Academy graduate or NUS, NTU, SIT, SUTD or BCA Academy undergraduate
• Have outstanding academic results
• Have excellent CCA records
Male applicants must have completed or be exempted from full-time National Service (NS). ORD personnel accepted for admission in 2018 can also apply.
• Minimum S$18,000 per year for Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents
• Minimum S$14,000 per year for all other nationalities in relevant engineering courses
• Minimum S$10,000 per year for Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents
A minimum 1-year bond duration with the sponsor company is required.
Scholars or sponsored students will serve a 1-year bond for every year of scholarship / sponsorship received.
• Civil Engineering
• Construction Management
• Electrical Engineering
• Environmental Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Project & Facilities Management
• Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering (Building Services)
• Real Estate