At A*STAR, you will be part of a vibrant and innovative team, dedicated to drive A*STAR's mission to advance science and develop innovation technology to further economic growth and improve lives.
We firmly believe that people are our greatest asset.
The A*STAR Graduate Academy provides scholarships and fellowships to enable young aspiring scientific talent to pursue their passion in science, and prepare them for a rewarding career in R&D. In addition to offering scholarships and awards for undergraduate, PhD and post-doctoral studies at top universities and laboratories locally and overseas, we offer awards and attachment opportunities for pre-university students.
Singapore’s Research, Innovation and Enterprise ecosystem has developed significantly over the past decade, and has grown to include a growing number of public and private R&D players. This has in turn resulted in a growing demand for PhD talent in various fields.
In recognition of the diverse talents, strengths and interests of our PhD scholars, we have created multiple pathways for our scholars, providing them with opportunities to develop and chart their careers in industry, academia, spin-off companies, patent examination, technology transfer and research management after their first two years with A*STAR.
Embark on a bright future in Science, Technology, Research and Innovation
Apply for an A*STAR scholarship today.
• Applicants must be Singaporean. Those of other nationalities must intend to take up Singapore Citizenship
• Satisfy the criteria for and gain admission to a PhD programme* in one of the following schools:
• NTU School of Computer Science and Engineering
• NUS School of Computing
• SMU School of Information Systems
• SUTD Information Systems Technology and Design Pillar
• Have obtained at least a 2nd Upper Class Honours Degree or equivalent in relevant disciplines
• Have strong interest to pursue a CIS research career in industry R&D labs, technology enterprises, spin-off companies and/or academia
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice. Please refer to www.a-star.edu.sg for a more detailed information.
Successful Applicants will be given support* for up to 4 years of academic pursuit. They will receive:
• Full tuition fees
• Monthly sustenance allowance and CPF contribution (where applicable) based on the prevailing employer’s contribution rate
• Support for up to 12 months of overseas attachment
Other allowances including:
• Book allowance
• Computer allowance
• Conference allowance
• Miscellaneous allowance
• Thesis allowance
*Rates/allowances vary according to country and university, and are subject to adjustments by A*STAR from time to time
Singaporeans (at the point of award): No service commitment.
Non-Singaporeans (at the point of award): 2-year service in Singapore-based companies^ without commitment to any specific organization. The area of work should preferably be in CIS disciplines.
^ Singapore-based companies refer to local companies and international companies that have a base in Singapore and which is registered with the Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).
Computing and Information Science