The Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) is the main tax administrator to the Government. IRAS collects taxes that account for about 70% of the Government's Operating Revenue that supports the Government's economic and social programmes to achieve quality growth and an inclusive society. IRAS also represents the Government in tax treaty negotiations, drafts tax legislations and provides advice on property valuation to the Government.
• Passion to serve and take on a challenging career in tax.
• Outstanding GCE 'A' Level, Polytechnic results or equivalent (E.g. International Baccalaureate (IB), NUS High School Diploma)
• Singapore citizens and permanent residents (PRs) intending to take up citizenship.
• Outstanding CCA records and leadership qualities.
• Those currently serving NS are eligible to apply.
Overseas scholarships cover:
• Maintenance allowance (inclusive of book allowance)
• Pre-studies allowance (inclusive of warm clothing and settling-in allowance)
• Computer allowance
• Miscellaneous allowance
• Tuition and other compulsory fees
• Return airfare (at beginning and end of course; for atttachment in IRAS; to overseas exchange)
• Vacation attachment with IRAS
• Sponsorship of approved overseas exchange and Masters programmes (if applicable)
• Mentoring by a member of the Senior Management
• Information Technology
• Real Estate