NUS graduates are 16th most employable globally, according to the Times Higher Education Global University Employability Ranking 2017. Our focus centres on nurturing future-ready graduates, enhancing our research's translational impact and making NUS Asia's most vibrant university enterprise ecosystem. Our goal? More distinctive, high-impact value for Singapore and the world.
The NUS Scholarships are highly coveted scholarships awarded to high calibre individuals who demonstrate academic excellence, present excellent co-curricular activities records and exhibit outstanding leadership qualities. NUS Scholars are expected to contribute significantly to the NUS community while in NUS, and emerge as dynamic global leaders who are capable of effecting a positive change to society after they graduate.
There are two tiers of NUS Scholarships offered to prospective students:
- NUS Global Merit Scholarship
- NUS Merit Scholarship
• Singapore Citizens
• Strong leadership qualities and potential
• Good co-curricular activities record
• Offered GCE 'A' Levels, Diploma from a polytechnic in Singapore or equivalent qualifications (e.g. International Baccalaureate/ NUS High School Diploma)
• Full subsidy for tuition fees (after MOE Tuition Grant subsidy)
• Annual living allowance of S$6,000
• S$2,905 annual accommodation allowance if Scholar is staying on campus, S$3,010 if Scholar is staying in Ridge View Residential College, or S$4,620 if Scholar is staying in one of the University Town Residential Colleges
• One-time computer allowance of S$2,000
• S$7,500 Student Exchange Programme/NUS Overseas Colleges allowance per semester for non-Asian countries and Japan, and S$5,000 per semester for other Asian countries, for up to a maximum of 2 semesters
• Eligibility to enrol in the Residential College Programmes (University Town College Programme and Ridge View Residential College Programme) or University Scholars Programme (USP)
• Guaranteed offer of on-campus accommodation (excluding the Residential Colleges) for first two years of undergraduate studies
• Guaranteed offer of a 1-semester overseas Student Exchange Programme
Any full-time undergraduate course leading to a first degree, except Dentistry, Medicine, Music and Yale-NUS College.