NUS graduates are 16th most employable globally, according to the Times Higher Education Global University Employability Ranking 2017. Our focus centres on nurturing future-ready graduates, enhancing our research's translational impact and making NUS Asia's most vibrant university enterprise ecosystem. Our goal? More distinctive, high-impact value for Singapore and the world.
The Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship to Encourage Upgrading (LKY-STEP) Award was made possible by Mr Lee Kuan Yew, who donated the proceeds from the sales of autographed editions of Volume Two of his memoirs. The scholarship is to encourage upgrading and life-long learning, and is presented to outstanding polytechnic graduates who have performed well academically and attained good co-curricular activity records, and are matriculating into full-time undergraduate degree programmes.
• Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
• Good co-curricular activities record
• Possess outstanding local polytechnic diploma (preferably Diploma with Merit)
• Matriculating into a full-time undergraduate degree programme at NUS/NTU/SIT/SMU/SUTD/SUSS in the year of application
• One-time cash award of S$3,500
A full-time undergraduate degree programme at NUS, NTU, SIT, SMU, SUTD, or SUSS.