The mission of MOE is to mould the future of the nation by moulding the people who will determine the future of the nation. MOE will provide our children with a balanced and well-rounded education, develop them to their full potential, and nurture them in good citizens, conscious of their responsibilities to family, community and country.
The Education Merit Scholarship is offered to outstanding candidates with a strong passion for education and teaching. Upon completion of your studies and teacher training, you will be given developmental opportunities to groom you for senior positions in the Education Service.
• Be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident who is willing to take up Singapore Citizenship
• Good character, strong leadership qualities and keen passion for education
• Strong Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) records
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• GCE ‘A’ Levels (with minimum 10 academic units), International Baccalaureate (IB), Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High Diploma or equivalent
- Tuition fees and other approved charges
- Maintenance and pre-studies allowance
- Return economy airfare, if you are studying overseas
- Developmental programmes, such as school attachments, during your undergraduate studies
- Internships at MOE headquarters and attachments at overseas schools
- Approved student exchange programmes, summer programmes and CCAs
- Possibility of sponsorship of Master's degree (if requirements are met)
Length of Bond (dependant on country of study): 6 years for an English speaking country, 5 years for a non-English speaking country and 4 years for Singapore.
Reputable overseas universities, local autonomous universities, or NTU-NIE
• Art and Music
• Physical Education and Sports Science
• Social Sciences