At A*STAR, you will be part of a vibrant and innovative team, dedicated to drive A*STAR's mission to advance science and develop innovation technology to further economic growth and improve lives.
We firmly believe that people are our greatest asset.
The A*STAR Graduate Academy provides scholarships and fellowships to enable young aspiring scientific talent to pursue their passion in science, and prepare them for a rewarding career in R&D. In addition to offering scholarships and awards for undergraduate, PhD and post-doctoral studies at top universities and laboratories locally and overseas, we offer awards and attachment opportunities for pre-university students.
Singapore’s Research, Innovation and Enterprise ecosystem has developed significantly over the past decade, and has grown to include a growing number of public and private R&D players. This has in turn resulted in a growing demand for PhD talent in various fields.
In recognition of the diverse talents, strengths and interests of our PhD scholars, we have created multiple pathways for our scholars, providing them with opportunities to develop and chart their careers in industry, academia, spin-off companies, patent examination, technology transfer and research management after their first two years with A*STAR.
Embark on a bright future in Science, Technology, Research and Innovation
Apply for an A*STAR scholarship today.
The EngD degree provides a more industry-oriented doctorate than the traditional PhD. EngD candidates can expect to carry out applied research under the themes of Design, Materials, Manufacturing, Systems and Business that result in innovative solutions for real-world manufacturing industry problems.
The programme will help candidates to develop skill sets to apply innovative thinking, carry out rigorous analysis and good management practices in order to be ahead of competitors.
EngD candidates are evaluated on their portfolio, which comprises coursework, project reports, publications and a personal profile that demonstrate their innovation and project leadership abilities:
• Applicants must be Singaporean. Those of other nationalities must intend to take up Singapore Citizenship.
• Strong interest in a research career
• At least 2nd Upper Class Honours Degree or equivalent in relevant disciplines
• Satisfy criteria for EngD admission to University of WarwickThe above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice. Please refer to www.a-star.edu.sg for a more detailed information.
Successful applicants will be given the following support* for up to 4 years:
• Monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable)
• Monthly overseas living allowance
• Full tuition fees
• Annual return airfare
• Other allowances including:
• Conference allowance
• Thesis allowance
• Computer allowance
• Warm clothing and settling-in allowance
*Rates/allowances are subject to adjustments by A*STAR from time to time. 3 years at an A*STAR research institute upon completion of EngD studies
3 years at an A*STAR research institute upon completion of EngD studies
University of Warwick
• Advanced Manufacturing