At A*STAR, you will be part of a vibrant and innovative team, dedicated to drive A*STAR's mission to advance science and develop innovation technology to further economic growth and improve lives.
We firmly believe that people are our greatest asset.
The A*STAR Graduate Academy provides scholarships and fellowships to enable young aspiring scientific talent to pursue their passion in science, and prepare them for a rewarding career in R&D. In addition to offering scholarships and awards for undergraduate, PhD and post-doctoral studies at top universities and laboratories locally and overseas, we offer awards and attachment opportunities for pre-university students.
Singapore’s Research, Innovation and Enterprise ecosystem has developed significantly over the past decade, and has grown to include a growing number of public and private R&D players. This has in turn resulted in a growing demand for PhD talent in various fields.
In recognition of the diverse talents, strengths and interests of our PhD scholars, we have created multiple pathways for our scholars, providing them with opportunities to develop and chart their careers in industry, academia, spin-off companies, patent examination, technology transfer and research management after their first two years with A*STAR.
Embark on a bright future in Science, Technology, Research and Innovation
Apply for an A*STAR scholarship today.
• Applicants who have achieved excellent academic standing in the GCE 'A' Levels (preferably with 11 AUs), polytechnic diploma (preferably with Merit) or equivalent qualifications (e.g. International Baccalaureate or NUS High School diploma)
• Applicants must be Singaporean; those of other nationalities must intend to take up Singapore citizenship
• Applicants should have keen interest in science and research
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
The National Science Scholarship (BS-PhD) supports up to 8 years of undergraduate and PhD studies.
Successful NSS (BS) applicants will be given support* for their undergraduate studies, comprising:
• Full tuition fees
• Monthly allowance
• Annual return airfare
• Pre-studies allowance
• Research attachment opportunities at A*STAR Research Institutes
Further support for PhD studies will be awarded upon satisfactory completion of undergraduate studies and meeting NSS (PhD) requirements (e.g. 1-year research attachment at an A*STAR Research Institute).
*Rates/allowances vary according to country and university, and are subject to adjustments by A*STAR from time to time
NSS (BS) awardees are required to fulfill a 6-year service commitment comprising:
• A compulsory 1-year research attachment at an A*STAR research institute between the BS and PhD studies
• 5 years at an A*STAR research institute upon completion of PhD studies
Top Global Universities