At A*STAR, you will be part of a vibrant and innovative team, dedicated to drive A*STAR's mission to advance science and develop innovation technology to further economic growth and improve lives.
We firmly believe that people are our greatest asset.
The A*STAR Graduate Academy provides scholarships and fellowships to enable young aspiring scientific talent to pursue their passion in science, and prepare them for a rewarding career in R&D. In addition to offering scholarships and awards for undergraduate, PhD and post-doctoral studies at top universities and laboratories locally and overseas, we offer awards and attachment opportunities for pre-university students.
Singapore’s Research, Innovation and Enterprise ecosystem has developed significantly over the past decade, and has grown to include a growing number of public and private R&D players. This has in turn resulted in a growing demand for PhD talent in various fields.
In recognition of the diverse talents, strengths and interests of our PhD scholars, we have created multiple pathways for our scholars, providing them with opportunities to develop and chart their careers in industry, academia, spin-off companies, patent examination, technology transfer and research management after their first two years with A*STAR.
Embark on a bright future in Science, Technology, Research and Innovation
Apply for an A*STAR scholarship today.
• Be Singaporeans and other nationalities intending to take up Singapore citizenship
• Have a first degree in relevant disciplines, and have obtained First Class Honours from UK universities, GPA of 3.8 and above from US universities or a CAP/GPA of 4.5 and above from local universities
• Sit for the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) prior to, or during the course of their application, and obtain minimum score as follows:
- Combined Verbal & Quantitative – 322
- Analytical Writing – 4.5
• Demonstrate a strong interest in both research and clinical studies
• Have gained admission into or completed the first year of the MD-PhD programme at Duke-NUS GMS
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies.
Successful candidates will receive support for up to 4 years of PhD studies at Duke-NUS MS comprising:
• Full Tuition Fees
• Monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable)
• Other allowances including
- Book allowance
- Computer allowance
- Conference allowance
- Thesis allowance
*All rates/allowances are subject to adjustments made by A*STAR from time to time