At A*STAR, you will be part of a vibrant and innovative team, dedicated to drive A*STAR's mission to advance science and develop innovation technology to further economic growth and improve lives.
We firmly believe that people are our greatest asset.
The A*STAR Graduate Academy provides scholarships and fellowships to enable young aspiring scientific talent to pursue their passion in science, and prepare them for a rewarding career in R&D. In addition to offering scholarships and awards for undergraduate, PhD and post-doctoral studies at top universities and laboratories locally and overseas, we offer awards and attachment opportunities for pre-university students.
Singapore’s Research, Innovation and Enterprise ecosystem has developed significantly over the past decade, and has grown to include a growing number of public and private R&D players. This has in turn resulted in a growing demand for PhD talent in various fields.
In recognition of the diverse talents, strengths and interests of our PhD scholars, we have created multiple pathways for our scholars, providing them with opportunities to develop and chart their careers in industry, academia, spin-off companies, patent examination, technology transfer and research management after their first two years with A*STAR.
Embark on a bright future in Science, Technology, Research and Innovation
Apply for an A*STAR scholarship today.
• Be Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
• Satisfy criteria for and seek admission into NTU, NUS and SUTD PhD programme
• Obtained at least a 2nd Upper Class Honours Degree or equivalent in relevant disciplines
• Have a strong interest in a research career are preferred Other requirements:
• Candidates may submit GRE scores (if available) to be included in the overall assessment of their scholarship application
• AGS awardees are not required to do a one-year research attachment at A*STAR prior to their PhD.
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
Successful applicants will be given support for up to 4 years of academic pursuit. They will receive*:
• Full tuition fees
• Monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable)
• Other allowances including
• Support for up to 12 months of overseas attachment
*All rates/allowances are subject to adjustments by A*STAR from time to time.
AGS scholars are eligible for up to 2 years of post-doctoral fellowship under AGS (PDF).
• Singaporeans (at the point of award): No service commitment
• Non-Singaporeans (at the point of award): 2 years in a Singapore-based organisation preferably in Biomedical Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering
AGS awardees who are subsequently awarded the AGS (PDF) for overseas post-doctoral training: 3 years