Be part of a future-forward team of innovative minds shaping the world of tomorrow through science and technology
Through the A*STAR Computing and Information Science Scholarship (ACIS), you can pursue a PhD studies in Singapore which gives you all-rounded exposure to Singapore’s R&D needs,excellent curriculum at the local universities, 12 month overseas research attachment and mentorship from top scientists and supervisors.
• Singaporeans and other nationals welcome to apply
• Non-Singaporeans must have completed or are on track to complete a degree in a Singapore autonomous university
• Have obtained, or are on track to obtain, at least a 2nd Upper Class Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
• Applicants who are in the last semester of their final year of undergraduate studies are welcome to apply; however, successful candidates will only be awarded the scholarship if they obtain at least a 2nd Upper Class Honours or equivalent results that meet A*STAR’s requirements
Satisfy the criteria for and gain admission to a PhD programme* in one of the following schools:
• NTU School of Computer Science and Engineering
• NUS School of Computing
• SMU School of Information Systems
• SUTD Information Systems Technology and Design Pillar
Have strong interest to pursue a CIS research career in industry R&D labs, technology enterprises, spin-off companies and/or academia
*Applicants for thematic programmes who are applying for or have gained admission to schools/departments other than the 4 specified CIS schools may be considered for the ACIS Scholarship if their PhD project is in CIS, on a case-by-case basis.
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
Please refer to the “Research Areas and Supervisors” tab on the AGS webpage for a list of A*STAR approved supervisors. If the supervisor that you are interested to work with is not found in the lists, you may like to contact the supervisor to discuss possible projects.