ACIS Scholars will have invaluable opportunities to research on real-world issues across the whole spectrum of computing science, from deep learning for healthcare, data analytics for improved machine learning, to modelling and simulation for advanced applications.
– Singaporeans and other nationals welcome to apply
– Non-Singaporeans must have completed a degree in a Singapore autonomous university
– Satisfy the criteria for and gain admission to a PhD programme* in one of the following schools:
NTU School of Computer Science and Engineering
NUS School of Computing
SMU School of Information Systems
SUTD Information Systems Technology and Design Pillar
– Have obtained at least a 2nd Upper Class Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
– Have strong interest to pursue a CIS research career in industry R&D labs, technology enterprises, spin-off companies and/or academia
*Applicants for thematic programmes who are applying for or have gained admission to schools/departments other than the 4 specified CIS schools may be considered for the ACIS Scholarship if their PhD project is in CIS, on a case-by-case basis.
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.