The Ministry of Home Affairs Civilian Scholarship is awarded to all-rounded individuals who are passionate about strengthening Singapore’s safety and security in a civilian appointment. Depending on your interests and aspirations, you can choose from a range of meaningful and rewarding career in a Generalist or Specialist field. This scholarship will allow you to kickstart your leadership journey in the Home Team, and you will receive the opportunity to pursue your undergraduate studies at a prestigious local or overseas university. Upon your return, you can look forward to learning and development opportunities to equip you as a future leader in the Home Team. These are the specialist fields available: Commercial Affairs, Intelligence, Internal Security and Psychology
• Singapore Citizen or SPR who is intending to take up Singapore Citizenship
• Have strong leadership qualities and potential
• Possess strong interest in safeguarding the safety and security of Singapore
• Have good academic and Co-Curricular Activities (CCAs) records
• Have a GCE A-Levels, International Baccalaureate, Polytechnic, NUS High School, or other high school diploma/certificate
• Current Undergraduate students (not in final year of studies) may also apply. Click here for more details on a mid-term scholarship.
• Tuition fees and other approved charges
• Monthly overseas or local maintenance allowance (including accommodation)
• Pre-studies allowance e.g. warm clothing, computer
• Return economy class airfare*
• Sponsorship of Master’s and exchange programmes (if requirements are met)
*for selected scholarship tiers
• 6 years bond (English speaking countries)
• 5 years bond (Non-English speaking countries)
• 4 years bond (Local Studies)
Most disciplines (except medicine, dentistry and architecture)
Applicants intending to pursue a degree in Law will not be called to the Bar while serving in the Home Team.
Copyright © 2022 SPH Media Limited. Co. Regn. No. 202120748H. All rights reserved.