The NUS Scholarships are highly coveted scholarships awarded to high caliber individuals who demonstrate academic excellence, present excellent co-curricular activities records and exhibit outstanding leadership qualities. NUS Scholars are expected to contribute significantly to the NUS community while in NUS, and emerge as dynamic global leaders who are capable of effecting a positive change to society after they graduate.
There are two tiers of NUS Scholarships offered to prospective students:
– NUS Global Merit Scholarship
– NUS Merit Scholarship
• Singapore Citizens
• Strong leadership qualities and potential
• Good co-curricular activities record
• Possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE A Level, local polytechnic diploma, International Baccalaureate diploma, NUS High School diploma or equivalent qualifications.
• Full subsidy for tuition fees (after MOE Tuition Grant subsidy)
• Annual living allowance of S$6,000
• S$4,375 annual accommodation allowance if Scholar is staying on campus, S$4,585 if Scholar is staying in Ridge View Residential College, or S$4,760 if Scholar is staying in one of the University Town Residential Colleges, or S$6,020 if scholar is staying in NUSC West Wing.
• One-time computer allowance of S$2,000.
• S$7,500 Student Exchange Programme/NUS Overseas Colleges allowance per semester for non-Asian countries and Japan, and S$5,000 per semester for other Asian countries, for up to a maximum of 2 claims.
• Priority to be considered for the Residential College Programmes (University Town College Programme and Ridge View Residential College Programme)
• Guaranteed offer of on-campus accommodation (excluding the Residential Colleges) for first two years of undergraduate studies
• Guaranteed offer of a 1-semester overseas Student Exchange Programme
• Any full-time undergraduate course leading to a first degree, except Dentistry, Medicine and Music.
Copyright © 2023 SPH Media Limited. Co. Regn. No. 202120748H. All rights reserved.