• Singapore Citizen
• Postgraduate programme has to be tech, cybersecurity or media-related and offered by a local autonomous university or local arts institution or renowned overseas university
• Current student taking his/her postgraduate programme with minimally one academic year of study remaining from the point of scholarship award; or candidate who has yet to enroll in any postgraduate programmes and will commence his/her Masters or PhD within one year from the point of scholarship award; and
• Priority will be given to non-public officers. Public officers are encouraged to apply in-house schemes available in their organisations.
• Fresh graduates or professionals are welcome to apply.
• The following are not eligible: (i) Online or Distance learning courses, (ii) part-time Overseas Masters, and (iii) part-time Local/Overseas PhD programmes.
Value of Award:
• Tuition and other compulsory university fees
• Annual living allowance and/or stipend*
• Thesis allowance (where applicable)
• Medical insurance, visa fees, etc. where mandatory
• Funding support for tech or media-related courses and certifications beyond school curriculum
• Funding support for overseas programmes^
• For PhD studies – conference allowances, travel allowances (not applicable for local PhD studies) and book allowances
*Living allowance is only applicable for full-time overseas Masters, and full-time overseas PhD studies. Stipend is only applicable for full-time local Masters, and full-time local and overseas PhD studies.
^Not applicable for part-time local Masters studies; Includes overseas internships in ICM related job roles and/or overseas-related activities (e.g. study trips, immersion programmes, masterclass, student exchange programmes and competitions).
Opportunities to serve your bond in a tech, cybersecurity or media-related job role in any organisation and in any industry, subject to IMDA’s approval.
For Masters Studies:
• 2 to 3 years for overseas scholarship, dependent on the duration of the scholarship
• 1 to 2 years for local scholarship, dependent on the duration of the scholarship
• No bond for part-time local scholarship
For PhD studies:
• No bond for local scholarship
• 3 to 5 years for overseas scholarship, dependent on the duration of the scholarship
Eligible Course of Studies:
• Tech, cybersecurity or media-related studies at Masters or PhD level
• Examples: Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things (IoT), Data Analytics, Immersive Media, Games, Film and Script-writing.
Local autonomous universities or local arts institutions or overseas renowned universities