The Lim Kim San Memorial Scholarship will open for application from 22 February to 28 April 2023.
The scholarship, which is funded by the SPH Foundation, was set up in 2006 under the suggestion of the late Mr Lim Kim San, who was Singapore’s first minister for finance.
The bond-free scholarship is to help Singaporean students from modest family backgrounds to pursue full-time language, linguistic and humanities degree courses at a local university.
• Open to Singapore citizens whose monthly household income is S$5,000 or less
• Good results in the annual examinations at the local universities
• Good GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ level / polytechnic results
• Consistently good co-curricular activities records
• Successful scholarship recipients are expected to serve the society through volunteerism or community work during and after their studies