The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) Merit Scholarship is for talented individuals who are interested in civilian appointments in the Ministry. This prestigious scholarship allows a selected few awardees every year to study at top universities around the world. Upon their return, the scholarship holders can choose from The Ministry of Home Affairs Uniformed Scholarship is offered to highly motivated individuals who are passionate to safeguard the safety and security of our nation. Depending on your interests and aspirations, this scholarship will allow you to kickstart your leadership journey as a uniformed officer in one of the five Home Team Departments* or as a Paramedic with the Singapore Civil Defence Force. Before you join us as a Guardian of our Home, you will receive the opportunity to pursue your undergraduate studies at a prestigious local or overseas university. Upon your return, you can look forward to learning and development opportunities to equip you as a future leader in the Home Team.
*The five Home Team Departments are:
• Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents intending to take up Singapore Citizenship
• Strong leadership qualities and potential
• Possess strong interest in safeguarding the safety and security of Singapore
• Good academic and Co-Curricular Activities records
• GCE A-Levels, IB, Poly, NUS High School, or other high school diploma/certificate; current Undergraduate students (not in final year of studies) may also apply
• Perform well in National Service (for male applicants)
• Candidates aspiring for the Singapore Merit Scholarship Tier should qualify and excel in Officer Cadet School
• Study at renowned overseas or local universities
• Full tuition and other approved fees
• Monthly overseas or local maintenance allowance (including accommodation)
• Pre-studies allowance
• Return economy class airfare (for overseas scholars)
• Sponsorship for Masters and exchange programmes (if requirements are met)
• Full Salary (only for Singapore Merit Scholarship Tier)
• National Service Disruption (only for Singapore Merit Scholarship Tier)
• 6 years bond (English speaking countries)
• 5 years bond (Non-English speaking countries)
• 4 years bond (Local Studies)
Most disciplines except Medicine, Dentistry and Architecture
For students who are keen in a SCDF Paramedic service career, you will be required to read Para-medicine or related disciplines in Emergency Health or Clinical Practice
*Applicants intending to pursue a degree in Law will not be called to the Bar
Copyright © 2023 SPH Media Limited. Co. Regn. No. 202120748H. All rights reserved.
Can I still apply for the scholarship after finishing my degree? I.e. want to study criminology
Thank you for your interest in the MHA Scholarships. This scholarship is intended for students pursuing their undergraduate studies, therefore it will not be applicable for students who have completed their studies.
Ref your question, can I understand if you have completed your undergraduate degree, or if you are still pursuing your studies? For info, students who are not in their final year of undergraduate studies, can still apply for the scholarship.
Hope the above clarifies.
Don’t disturb those who have plans to call to the bar! They may have kobelco already! And toyo!