Empowering aspiring students to pursue their passion for Science, Technology and Research
The prestigious National Science Scholarship (BS-PhD) nurtures young talent for an exciting and rewarding career in scientific and technological research. The NSS (BS-PhD) is the only through-train scholarship in Singapore which provides for your undergraduate studies and PhD training.
The NSS (BS-PhD) gives you the opportunity to engage in rigorous learning across scientific disciplines. Delve into the fields of Computer and Information Science, Engineering, Physical Sciences or Biomedical Sciences at some of the world’s finest universities and learn from the best scientific minds!
• Be Singaporean. Applicants of other nationalities must intend to take up Singapore citizenship
• Have achieved excellent academic standing in the GCE ‘A’ Levels (preferably with 11 AUs), polytechnic diploma (preferably with Merit) or equivalent qualifications (e.g. International Baccalaureate or NUS High School diploma)
• Applicants who are in the last semester of their final year of studies are welcome to apply; however, successful candidates will only be awarded the scholarship if they obtain GCE “A” Level or equivalent results that meet A*STAR’s requirements
• Have applied or be applying for an undergraduate programme at a top overseas university, to study in one of the areas as listed under the “Research Areas” section.
• Applicants should have a keen interest in Science and research. Preference will be given to candidates with experience and notable achievements in science- or math-related projects and activities
• Male scholars are required to serve National Service prior to commencement of undergraduate studies
• Applicants are encouraged to sit for the SAT tests to broaden their choices of institutions for their undergraduate education. Although A*STAR does not mandate a minimum SAT score as a qualifying condition for the undergraduate scholarships awarded for studies, applicants are encouraged to submit their SAT scores, if available, to be included in the overall assessment of their applications
For applicants in undergraduate Year 2 & above (Mid-Term NSS(BS)):
• Be Singaporean
• Enrolled in a top overseas university, with a minimum GPA of 3.8 (US university), or a First Class Honours or equivalent
• Have completed at least 2 semesters or 1 academic year of graded results at the point of scholarship application
The above eligibility criteria is not exhaustive.
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.