National Parks Board (NParks) is responsible for providing and enhancing the greenery of our City in a Garden. Beyond building green infrastructure, NParks is actively engaging the community to enhance the quality of our living environment. NParks manages over 350 parks, four nature reserves and roadside greenery that forms the backbone of our City in a Garden.
What We Do
- Actively engaging the community to make green spaces an integral part of our lifestyle with initiatives such as the Community in Bloom project and volunteering opportunities at our parks and nature reserves.
- Set up the Community in Nature (CIN) programme to reach out and engage the community with nature by providing a wide range of nature-related opportunities.
- Encouraging understanding, appreciation, and protection of nature and biodiversity
- Cultivate more champions within the community in protecting our natural environment in the long run.
- Monitors and coordinates measures to enhance the presence of biodiversity in our urban landscape.