About Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA)
The Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) leads Singapore’s digital transformation with infocomm media. To do this, IMDA will develop a dynamic digital economy and a cohesive digital society, driven by an exceptional infocomm media (ICM) ecosystem – by developing talent, strengthening business capabilities, and enhancing Singapore's ICM infrastructure. IMDA also regulates the telecommunications and media sectors to safeguard consumer interests while fostering a pro-business environment, and enhances Singapore’s data protection regime through the Personal Data Protection Commission.
About Cyber Security Agency of Singapore
The Cyber Security Agency of Singapore (CSA) provides dedicated and centralised oversight of national cyber security functions, and works with sector leads to protect Singapore’s critical services. It also engages with various industries, and stakeholders to heighten cyber security awareness as well as to ensure the holistic development of Singapore’s cyber security landscape. The Agency is part of the Prime Minister’s Office and is managed by the Ministry of Communications and Information. Information on CSA is available at www.csa.gov.sg.
About Government Technology Agency
The Government Technology Agency of Singapore (GovTech) is a statutory board formed in October 2016 after the restructuring of the Infocomm Development Authority. Following the formation of the Smart Nation and Digital Government Group in May 2017, GovTech is placed under the Prime Minister’s Office as the implementing agency of the Group. GovTech works with public agencies to develop and deliver secure digital services and applied technology to individuals and businesses in Singapore. GovTech builds key platforms and solutions needed to support Singapore as a Smart Nation. As a leading centre for information communications technology and related engineering such as the Internet of Things, Data Science and Application Development, GovTech also enhances the capabilities of the Singapore Government in these domains.
• Singapore Citizens (includes Permanent Residents who are taking up Singapore Citizenship).
• GCE "A" Level results (or equivalent) or Polytechnic Diploma.
• Exemplary co-curricular activities record.
• Passionate about having a career in technology.
• Pursue an ICT-related degree programme.
Overseas/Local Award includes:
• Tuition and other compulsory fees such as application and examination fees
• Mid-term scholars^ (overseas or local) may opt to backdate the scholarship
• Living allowance for day-to-day expenses such as bills and living costs
• Opportunities for sponsorship of approved student exchange programmes, seminars and conferences
• Opportunities for sponsorship of professional courses/certifications taken during course of study
• Additional sponsorship of Master's degree (if requirements are met) will be considered on a case-by-case basis
• Upon graduation, direct admission to a talent programme with the chosen agency
^ Mid-term scholarship applicants must have at least one semester of university results at the point of application and have not embarked on final year of study.
Overseas Studies: 6 years
Local Studies: 4 years
ICT related courses^
Example of courses but list is not meant to be exhaustive:
• Computer Science
• Computer Engg
• Electrical & Electronic Engg
• Mechanical Engg
• Information Technology
• Information Systems &/or Design
• Information Engg
• Information & Comms
• Engg in Product Development
• Systems Engg
• Behavioural Science
• Law (specifically for IMDA)
^If currently not in a ICT related course but interested to take up a double degree in ICT, you will also be considered.