The Yip Pin Xiu Scholarship celebrates the achievements of three-time Paralympics gold medallist and SMU alumna Yip Pin Xiu. Her world records in the 50m and 100m backstroke (S2) events are a testament to her indomitable spirit and drive.
The scholarship is designed to honour excellence in sports and the values espoused by her. Yip Pin Xiu scholars who plan to represent Singapore in a sport will benefit from a well-rounded university education that supports their training schedule and their dream of sporting achievement.
• Singapore Citizens
• Possess good academic results
• Demonstrate strong leadership capabilities and potential
• Be outstanding athletes who have excelled in sports at the international level and with the potential and plans to continue to represent Singapore and achieve further glory. These include those who have been awarded a medal at the SEA Games and/or are projected (by their respective National Sports Association) to have a podium finish, minimally at the SEA Games and/or at the other Major Games or equivalent competition
• Have gained admission to a full-time undergraduate degree programme at SMU
• Tuition fee waiver (after MOE tuition grant subsidy)
• Growth opportunities allowance of S$12,000 to fund part or combination of the following:
– Overseas Student Exchange/Summer Programme
– Overseas Community Service Project
– Overseas School Study Missions
– Overseas Case Competitions and presentations at Conferences
• Participation in development opportunities offered by the Centre for Scholars’ Development
• Scholarship is bond-free
All Courses offered by SMU/Singapore
Copyright © 2024 SPH Media Limited. Co. Regn. No. 202120748H. All rights reserved.