<p>The Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship to Encourage Upgrading (LKY-STEP) Award was established from donations received from Mr Lee Kuan Yew through the sale proceeds of autographed editions of Volume 2 of his Memoirs. The objective of the award is to encourage lifelong learning and will be offered to outstanding polytechnic graduates pursuing full-time undergraduate degree programmes at NTU, NUS, SMU, SUTD, SIT or SUSS.</p>
- Open to Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Possess outstanding Diploma (preferably Diploma with Merit) awarded by a Polytechnic in Singapore or SIT (Poly-FSI) qualifications.
- Excellent co-curricular records.
- Strong leadership qualities and potential.
Value of Scholarships
- One-off cash award of S$3,500.
- Waiver of subsidised tuition fees (after tuition grant) by NTU if LKY-STEP Award holders are unsuccessful in securing a concurrent scholarship.
Where to Pursue
This award is offered to outstanding polytechnic graduates pursuing full-time undergraduate degree programmes at:
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Singapore Management University (SMU)
- Singapore University of Technology & Design(SUTD)
- Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)
- Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS)
Choice of Courses
Successful awardees should read a full-time undergraduate degree programme^ in NTU.
^The scholarship will cover the years of study in NTU. For the Biomedical Sciences & Chinese Medicine programme, the Scholarship will cover only the first three years of study in NTU.